Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A refreshing day at Suvarnabhumi Airport!

As the plane sat waiting for push back to take off, something prompted me to to take out my camera this morning - it was actually the brightness of the day lifted my mood. I'd been taking late night flights recently, such a refreshing change it turned out to be!

Admiring the architectural forms of the Suvarnabhumi Airport from the tarmac.. sights that I would have taken for granted.
































A magnificent view of another jumbo just landed.. I always marvel at such huge man-made machines taking into the sky! Wright Brothers' first flying machine (invented less than a hundred years ago) lifted off a short distance within the length of this jumbo jet!
















Bangkok has a fair share of rains recently.. caught a glimpse with a pool's reflection.
















I was thrilled with this sea of cumulus clouds forming.. not often to have such view in bright sunshine!
















From the air, saw many rice fields were inundated too..
















As the plane turned towards the Gulf.. view of this island came to sight. My guess is Ko Samet.
















I like to play this geography puzzle matching game with Google Earth getting the same viewing angle. I am getting pretty good at it, huh?















It may be just another day.. I still enjoyed scenes of the day's beauty.

Updated with photos of Suvarnabhumi Airport (10th Nov 2008).
No visitor leaves without seeing this spectacular sight depicting the tussle between the Good & the Evil of Hindu legend.












































































Manage to find in my photo archive - Lego model of Suvarnabhumi Airport at a shopping mall during the times of airport opening.

No comments: