Thursday, April 17, 2008

In the Land of Smiles

The idea of writing my travel journal has been floating for a while. Just didn't get down to it... well, I finally did!

This blog centers around Bangkok and some useful information about Thailand. The others are organized under sub-headings by regions:

1) South of Bangkok & beyond
2) West of Bangkok & beyond
3) East of Bangkok & beyond
4) North-east of Bangkok (Isaan provinces)
5) North of Bangkok

Popular destinations are so well covered and is not my primary focus here. There are plentiful information around; so I tend not to repeat them. I'll provide a glimpse from my perspective only.

And what better occasion to kick it off in Thailand during the Songkhran festival! Although I'd been to Thailand countless trips over the years.. this is the first time I am here during this festival. Perhaps the best time to see the country and its people full of fun and smiles!

A moment to remember as these boys splashed water on us.. what a display of lovely smiles!
















Moments earlier, they stood in the middle of the road to stop us.. with water bucket and hose ready! How can you not stop to share a few moments of fun with them?
















In the provinces, revelers would stopped you in the middle of the road and danced before watering you down!
































Thais are really fun loving people! If you have not been here during Songkhran... it is a good idea to come someday. Drive out to a provincial town and spent a day.. you won't regret it.

No comments: